Nano and Pico Characterization Laboratory
Dimension® Icon® Atomic Force Microscope with ScanAsyst™
The Dimension® Icon® Atomic Force Microscope with ScanAsyst™ is a next-generation measurement system that brings new levels of performance, functionality, and accessibility to nanoscale researchers. Building upon the world’s most utilized large-sample AFM platform, this latest Dimension system is the culmination of decades of technological innovation, customer feedback and industry-leading application flexibility. The Icon has been designed from top to bottom to deliver revolutionary low drift and low noise that allows users to achieve artifact-free images in minutes instead of hours, enabling increased productivity.
Incorporating the latest evolution of Bruker’s industry-leading tip-scanning AFM technology, the Icon’s temperature-compensating position sensors render noise levels in the sub-angstroms range for the Z-axis, and angstroms in X-Y. This is extraordinary performance in a large-sample, 90-micron scan range system, surpassing the noise performance of most open-loop, high-resolution AFMs.
The Dimension Icon SPM system includes Veeco’s fifth-generation NanoScope V controller, which utilizes advanced high-speed electronics along with A/D and D/A converters operating at 50MHz, to deliver reliable, high-speed data capture. The Dimension Icon offers the most advanced and powerful new features in the industry, such as the revolutionary ScanAsyst and PeakForce QNM modes.
ScanAsyst is Bruker’s revolutionary automated image optimization mode for operation in both liquid and air. It utilizes intelligent algorithms that continuously monitor image quality and make appropriate parameter adjustments to deliver faster, more consistent results, automatically, and regardless of operator skill level.
PeakForce QNM, Bruker’s proprietary, quantitative nanomechanical property mapping option, delivers more accurate, repeatable results for modulus and adhesion measurements while also helping to preserve sample and probe integrity.
- Proprietary sensor design achieves closed-loop performance with noise levels for previously unseen on any AFM.
- Significantly reduced noise floor at less than 30pm enabling imaging at sub-nanometer resolution.
- Drift rates less than 200pm per minute render distortion-free images immediately.
- High-resolution camera and X-Y positioning permit faster, more efficient sample navigation.
- Wide-open access to tip and sample accommodates a large variety of standard and customized experiments.
- Custom user-programmable scripts offer semi-automated measurement and analysis.